Check out these used dirt bike images:
Valley of Vines
Image by Eden Brackstone
This is the far end of Gibbston Valley, where I grew up. My parents own the red house near the base of the Nevis Bluff in the distance, where Trey Ratcliff and his family came to visit in October last year:
A few days ago, I had the idiotic idea to climb "Mini Mount Rosa" — The actual Mt Rost is the mountain on the right hand side of the frame.
I say it was idiotic, cause the climb nearly killed me. My car is that little white spec in the bottom left corner near the collection of trees.
I can think of no better place to spend my teenage years… All the backroads were our dirt bike tracks, the vines were where we went hunting for rabbits.
We got into a fair bit of trouble for being ‘distruptive’ too, haha. 8 years ago, when we started building, we were the only residents in the entire development. We used to shoot 15+ rabbits a night, spend all day speeding up and down the roads on bikes and practice our drifting skills in my first car.
Your know… The typical kiwi lifestyle
These days, its a little more laid back. But still, having this sort of scenery less than 30km out of Queenstown isnt bad.
As a side note to any potentail visitors to the area, I’m happy to have any of you out to Gibbston for a BBQ and assorted collection of fun activities. Just contact me!
Matthew Taylor (taylorphotography on Flickr) is visiting in the next week or two — Really looking forward to it!
Find me on Facebook & Twitter, allways keen to mett new and like minded people!
[ I've been Tagged ]
Image by MilesBintz
This shot was with an attempt at "specular highlight control" as discussed in the "Lighting 102" section of Strobist. Shot with a Promaster 7500 and a white shoot-through, camera right.
Things about me:
16. I was born in Schenectady, NY in November of 1977.
15. The first computer I ever used was an Atari 800 in 1982.
14. My favorite cartoon in the 80′s was Transformers.
13. My favorite cartoon/movie today is, still, Transformers.
12. I am not, in fact, an Axe Master as my alias would imply. I am neither a lumber jack nor do I have any other axe fetishes.
11. I have, however, played guitar for 13 years now. "Axe" refers to my instrument (the guitar). "Master" is facetious. LP is for Les Paul. Even though I like my Paul Reed Smith more it’s too much of a hassle to change from AxMstrLP to AxMstrPRS.
10. My favorite type of music is hard rock… or acoustic rock… or "new grass"… or jazz… or… well… you get the idea.
9. I like to go camping.
8. I like to go off-roading with either a jeep, a dirt bike, or a mountain bike.
7. I like photography, obviously.
6. I’d be ecstatic if I can combine 7, 8, and 9, and take a picture few other people have taken.
5. One of my favorite websites right now is David Hobby’s ‘strobist’ blog.
4. I write embedded software for a living. I concentrate on Linux kernel hacking often.
3. I’ve lived in Texas for a total of 9.5 years now.
2. I have three kids: two boys ages 5 and 3.5, and a girl about to turn 1.
1. I’m married to a wonderful woman who values life, love, and responsibility more than the other things in life.
Image by cole24_
AMA Motocross, High Point Raceway, Mt. Morris, Pa
Last Moto shot. I thought it’d be fitting to use a good finish line shot. I like the pictures I took to remember this day because it was probably the last time I will see Ricky Carmichael race a dirt bike. Good luck to him in Nascar.